Apple held it’s media event today at it’s Infinite Loop campus in Cupertino and it was more evolution than revolution with Apple focusing on extending and updating lines rather than new products.
Here’s the run down of everything they showed:
- Privacy – Apple started the presentation off by talking about protecting our privacy and how much access we should allow government to have to our data.
- Environment – 93% of the company now uses renewable energy, 99% of all of Apple’s packaging is recycled or comes from sustained forests They introduced “Liam” – their recycle robot to re-purpose iPhone parts for the future!
- ResearchKit – Is now helping billions of people around the world and they are introducing CareKit to help people with diseases to manage their symptoms better, it will enable apps for things like post surgery care.
- Apple Watch – They have introduced woven nylon bands in a heap of bright colours and also a heap of new colours in the sports and leather bands. They have dropped the price of the watch to start from US$299
- Apple TV – New Features are coming including Folders, Dictation, Siri for the App Store and iCloud Photo Library including Live Photos.
- iPhone – A new 4 inch iPhone was launched – the iPhone SE now brings entry level iPhone features in line with its’ bigger siblings like “Hey Siri”, Live Photos, Apple Pay and Touch ID. It will start from just US$399
- iOS – 9.3 bringing some new features including nightshift (to help you sleep better by changing the tone of your display at night). The Notes app will now include Touch ID support to protect your sensitive information. The News App is getting “Top Stories” and “Trending Topics”. It’s available to download today!
- iPad Pro – 9.7 inch version introduced. It includes all the features of it’s big brother. 40% less reflective than iPad Air 2. True Tone display to optimise the display to the environment around it. 4 Speakers for Pro Sound. Smart Keyboard launched to match the new size and will also work with the Apple pencil. It will come in 4 colours. and will start from US $599 configurable up to 256G.
So there were some great new models for some people but nothing that’s going to have you running out to buy it in the next few months!