Apple Special Event September 2018
Well it’s here for another year – Tim Cook took to the stage of the Steve Jobs Theatre to reveal this year’s latest iPhone and Apple Watch.
Here’s everything you need to know!
Apple Watch – Series 4
- Displays – now 30% larger
- Watch Faces – new faces including Health, Breathe, Fire, Water and Vapour as well as new complications
- Digital Crown – now includes haptic feedback
- Speaker – now 50% louder
- New S4 Chip – 2 times faster than previous watch
- New Accelerometer – Can now detect when you fall and automatically call for help
- Heart Monitor – Will now notify you if your heart rate is too low or if you have an irregular rhythm. You can now also take an electrocardiogram (ECG). – It’s been FDA approved.
- Availability to Order – September 14 and will start from $599
iPhone XS and XS Max (and the budget iPhone XR)
- New Sizes – 5.8 and now, new 6.5 inch size with 60% greater Dynamic Range
- New Glass – more durable
- Finishes – new gold finish as well as Space Grey and Silver
- Water Proof – now up to 2 Meters for 30 minutes
- New A12 Bionic Chip – can now process 5 Trillion operations per second!
- Storage – has now been doubled to 512Gb
- Camera – does 1 trillion operations per photo, Smart HDR to make your photos pop. You can also change depth of field on photos after they’ve been taken!
- Battery – lasts up to and Hour and half longer in iPhone Xs Max
- Dual Sims – iPhone will now support 2 sim Cards through eSim
- iPhone XR – 6.1 inches, aluminium, 6 colours, Face ID, Portrait mode photos
- Availability to Order – iPhone XS and Max from September 14 and will start from $1,629. iPhone XR from October 19 and will start from $1,229.