Apple Special Event September 2018
Well it’s here for another year – Tim Cook took to the stage of the Steve Jobs Theatre to reveal this year’s latest iPhone and Apple Watch.
Here’s everything you need to know!
(Oh and if you don’t have time to read it all – here it is all summed up in 108 seconds!)
Apple Watch – Series 4
- Displays – now 30% larger
- Watch Faces – new faces including Health, Breathe, Fire, Water and Vapour as well as new complications
- Digital Crown – now includes haptic feedback
- Speaker – now 50% louder
- New S4 Chip – 2 times faster than previous watch
- New Accelerometer – Can now detect when you fall and automatically call for help
- Heart Monitor – Will now notify you if your heart rate is too low or if you have an irregular rhythm. You can now also take an electrocardiogram (ECG). – It’s been FDA approved.
- Availability to Order – September 14 and will start from $599
iPhone XS and XS Max (and the budget iPhone XR)
- New Sizes – 5.8 and now, new 6.5 inch size with 60% greater Dynamic Range
- New Glass – more durable
- Finishes – new gold finish as well as Space Grey and Silver
- Water Proof – now up to 2 Meters for 30 minutes
- New A12 Bionic Chip – can now process 5 Trillion operations per second!
- Storage – has now been doubled to 512Gb
- Camera – does 1 trillion operations per photo, Smart HDR to make your photos pop. You can also change depth of field on photos after they’ve been taken!
- Battery – lasts up to and Hour and half longer in iPhone Xs Max
- Dual Sims – iPhone will now support 2 sim Cards through eSim
- iPhone XR – 6.1 inches, aluminium, 6 colours, Face ID, Portrait mode photos
- Availability to Order – iPhone XS and Max from September 14 and will start from $1,629. iPhone XR from October 19 and will start from $1,229.